A Soul-Enriching Jewish Community for Today’s Times
I am delighted to invite you join our newest virtual Jewish Mindfulness program, Hineni: The Mindful Heart Community, open to anyone, anywhere in the world!
“Hineni has allowed me to go deeper within myself in order to better connect with my Judaism. The Mindfulness techniques and mystical leanings of Rabbi Jill are exactly what I was looking for to draw me closer to the texts of Judaism. I am grateful.”
— Jeanne S, Health Practitioner, N. Hollywood, CA
We live in challenging times – it is SO easy to get knocked off kilter with the combination of difficult news in the world and the wearisome issues each one of us deals with daily.
We ALL need spiritual tools to help us pick ourselves up and get going with presence. Practices that are accessible, do-able, and yet touch the deepest part of our souls.
We ALL need a community and soul-friends that helps us remember what we have forgotten (it’s so easy to forget…)
This is what we learn in Hineni.
The Hineni Mindful Heart Community is a response to many of you who have asked for an ongoing Jewish mindfulness program/community, in which we can come together, learn and practice on a more regular basis, no matter where we live.
In Hebrew, Hineni means: “I am here, I am present.” We are fortunate to live in a time where technology allows us to support each other to be present in our own lives via the magic of telephones and the Internet.
“Becoming a member of Hineni has improved my mindfulness practice and has made me a far more knowledgeable Jew….I don’t know of a better use for my time and money than being a member of this group.”
— Sue Meyer, Psychiatric Social Worker (former), Pennsylvania
Learn simple practices to be more awake & joyful every single day.
Rooted in Jewish wisdom, backed up by modern science.
Hineni – The Mindful Heart Community is:
- A monthly membership community that is rooted in Jewish spiritual wisdom and mindfulness practices. Together, we will delve deeply into soul-lifting Jewish texts and ideas while being deeply supported in bringing the teachings alive each and every day.
- Accessible to you from anywhere you are, on your own schedule. Live sessions will be accessible online and by VIDEO and PHONE. Recordings will be available 24/7.
- A private online group for conversation and sharing that’s consistently updated with new resources.
- A community I’ve designed consciously to be warm and welcoming and safe, where your soul can grow, and where the search for deep connection is nourished in the company of other seekers. Like all my classes, I bring a full range of creative teaching resources that include poetry, music, contemporary and ancient texts and a down-to-earth enthusiasm and love for learning.
- You are welcomed wherever you are without judgement: no need for prior Jewish education, Hebrew, knowledge…You don’t have to even be Jewish! If you are open to learning from this perspective, we’d love to have you.
“Remember. . . the entrance to the sanctuary is inside of you.”
Transformation to Expect:
- Sanctuary—a soft place to land and regroup with others
- Stillness and inner peace in your life
- “Go-to” practices to get back on track & re-center
- Coming home to yourself
- Belonging to a group of other spiritual seekers
- Discovering the map to the territory of inner awareness
- Connecting with the ancient chain of tradition that feels real
- Daily practices for remaining calm in turbulent times.
With your monthly membership, you will receive:
- Two one-hour live VIDEO WEBINARS / phone calls each month led by Rabbi Jill and centered around a monthly theme (see below). Themes are woven around the Jewish calendar, core stories and inspiring metaphors. Handouts, worksheets, texts and stories will all be provided in advance.
- The first video of the month will include texts, meditations and handouts to use throughout the month.
- The second video of the month is a “Heart-to-Heart Exchange”, a time for questions, dialogue and going deeper.
- All Videos & calls will be recorded so that you can listen or re-listen at your leisure (even in your car).
- Weekly Mindful Heart email teachings that further explores the monthly theme and may include poetry, sacred texts, videos, music and journal questions.
- Private Facebook group with where we will discuss the teachings as well frequent posts by Rabbi Jill with additional resources.
“All real living is meeting.”
2017-2018 Webinar Schedule and Monthly Themes:
Each webinar/call is 60-minutes, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. PST on Tuesday evenings.
Each class will be recorded so you need not be present.
- Forgiveness (September 26, 2017)
- Expanding the Boundaries of God-Talk (October 10 & October 24, 2017)
- God-Talk: The Impact of Mysticism & Feminism (November 14 & November 28, 2017)
- Light & Darkness (December 5 & December 19, 2017)
- Blessings & Gratitude (January 9 & January 30, 2018)
- Seeking, Hiding & Revealing: (February 13 & February 27, 2018)
- Spiritual Preparation for Passover (March 20 & March 27, 2018)
- Journey (April 17 & April 24, 2018)
- Study & Learning as Spiritual Practice: (May 8 & May 29, 2018)
- Entrances to Holiness (June 12 & June 26, 2018)
- Meditation & Prayer (July 10 & July 24, 2018)
- Spiritual Preparation for the High Holy Days (dates TBD)
- Coming Home (September 25, 2018)
- Spiritual Friendship (October 9 & October 23, 2018)
This is an opportunity to experience your own personal Jewish spiritual journey in a community of other seekers.
This community is about transformation and receiving support for depth and spiritual practice.
“One day you finally knew what you had to do, and began…”
How Much Does Hineni Cost?
The price of a membership subscription is only $36 per month for your household.
You will receive all the information you need to begin, and immediate access to all past webinar recordings. This is a month-by-month membership. Come try it out! You can cancel at any time.
“The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments.”
—Thich Nhat Hanh
For More information or questions, please write Rabbi Jill: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching spiritual material is a core purpose of Rabbi Jill’s life. You will be touched by her enthusiasm and deep reflections. One of her “high skills” is making complicated Jewish texts and metaphors come to life in everyday language. She has been married to Ely for 35 years and they have two grown sons.
Comments from Hineni Members:
“How do we bring God into our lives? With loving acceptance of what is. Hineni has given me the guidance and support I need to live more fully in the present moment. It is an honor to be part of Rabbi Jill’s revolutionary and sustainable model for the future of our Jewish community.”
— Chava Mirel, Composer & Cantorial Soloist, Seattle, WA
“Being a part of Hineni is a gift to my soul. Rabbi Jill offers a comprehensive program imbued with heart and intelligence, fostering community, self reflection, and connection. I often use the themes of the month as inspiration for my embodied Judaism yoga classes, and look forward to our meetings.”
— Kendra Fried, Founder, Neshamah Yoga and Wellness, Walnut Creek CA
“I am a beginner in learning to be mindful, but I have been a studying Jew for a very long time. Mindfully looking at the themes, prayers, and meditations through Jewish eyes, under the guidance of Rabbi Jill, has helped me immeasurably in learning to be more “present” for myself in my personal, congregational, and professional life (I am a psychotherapist). As I help myself, as I learn from others, I am so much more available on so many levels. For me, this is a journey filled with the joy – and sometimes the tears – of self-discovery. I am eternally grateful.”
— Linda Poskanzer, Hackensack, NJ
“I keep being surprised. I check into the Hineni call and I am thinking, where will this take me? Will a telephone call or a video message work for me? But it always does, and I am always happy I did it. The space that Rabbi Jill creates is calm and powerful and interesting, the material is always important – to me. I am grateful.”
— Brian Rose, Los Angeles, CA
P.S. This community is both a structure as well as a loving community in which to bring a heart-centered Jewish practice into your daily life. It’s so easy to get disconnected and distracted and participation in this community will help you stay spiritually on track!
“When you bring consciousness to anything, things begin to shift.”
Contact Rabbi Jill here for answers or more information.
“…The time will come, when, with elation…
you will greet yourself arriving at your own door…”
—from Love After Love by Derek Walcott